Sponsored by ESI Indutrade. A competition focused on the design thinking process. MTU students from all disciplines can take part in this competition.
After the workshop the students will have up until the 23rd of March to submit their business idea.
The timeline for the competition is detailed below:
1st – 4th March Innovation Month – Design Thinking Workshops
8th – 12th March Development of Idea
15th – 19th March Development of Idea
23rd March Deadline for Submission
26th March Presentations/Prize Ceremony
The submission of business idea will in the form of a video/PowerPoint submission .
On a attendance of the workshop more detail in this area will be presented but in essence the requirements of the submission are:
- Has to be a new business idea/concept.
- Cover each stage of the design thinking process (5 stages)
- Cost structure (general pricing of product/service)
- Revenue stream (How the business will make money)
- Target Market (Who is most likely to pay for this product/service)
- 3000-euro prize fund sponsored by ESI – Indutrade.
- Best STEM Student (1000 euro)
- Best Non-STEM Student (1000 euro)
- 2nd Prize - STEM Student (500 euro)
- 2nd Prize - Non-STEM Student (500 euro)
- Must be an MTU Cork or MTU Kerry student.
- Design thinking workshop must be completed by every candidate before entering a business idea.
- Video submission of idea, covering the design thinking process plus other requirements.
- Pitch must be under 8 minutes.
- Idea cannot be developed in groups.
- Business idea must be an original idea that hasn't been previously submitted or worked on in a college module.